Building community and health system resilience during a crisis
As COVID-19 rages on, FOUNDATION FOR DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS is working with local governments in the country to forge stronger health and social systems that maintain health services, the world’s attention has been focused to COVID-19 pandemic on health and how pandemics affect lives and lives hoods. COVID-19 is showing once again how health is interlinked with other critical issues, such as reducing inequality, human rights, gender equality, social protection and economic growth.
Back “on - Track" Targets to Accelerate HIV response and to End AIDS by 2030
Ending AIDS, a public health threat means that by year 2030 there's; Zero new infections, Zero stigma and discrimination, Zero AIDS related death, Test & Treat.
On June 6, 2017, His Excellency, The President of the Republic of Uganda Launched the Presidential Fast- Track Initiative to end AIDS as a public health threat in Uganda by 2030.
In Uganda, HIV/AIDS is recognized as a grave public health and social development concern. Fuelled by poverty, gender inequality, lack of information and prevention services, adolescents in particular, are exposed to the risks of HIV infection and eventually AIDS.
What we do
- Every year we consider equitable Access for everyone voice at commemoration World AIDS Day, joining people around the world unite to show support for people living and affected by HIV and to remember those who lost lives to AIDS.
- This day is an opportunity for Foundation for Development Partners, public and private partners to spread awareness about the status of the pandemic and encourage progress to HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care around the world. Again we call upon you to be part of Foundation for development partners, People living with HIV/AIDS to donate with the purpose of helping PLWHA.
- Through ‘MY EYES CAN’ Program HIV/AIDS Awareness drama skits and sports gala as part FDP Edutainment skill approach and it shows that we can forget the power of art culture to disseminate the information to the public on Televisions/social Media and Theatre for development platform and much welcomed by Youth/Adolescents.
- Community HIV/AIDS Group discussion, interviews and condom distribution and HIV/AIDS Live talk shows, conducting People living with HIV/AIDS Testimonies, and team up with community Leaders and Humanitarians to mobilize for drug adherence, HIV Counselling and Testing and to encourage community Covid -19awareness and Vaccinations.
- To Commit to Ending the epidemic and strengthening the health, well-being and human rights of everyone impacted by HIV and helping People living with HIV/AIDS epidemic amid the COVID 19 Pandemic for proper drug adherence response in order to achieve universal access targets.
- To Empower and increase the Awareness to participants of HIV/AIDS, its impact, its treatment/prevention, management and viability of support system.