Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE) program has been a voice for young children since 2018 and we do act in the interests of young children, their families and those in the early childhood field.
ECCE provides an indispensable (vital, necessary/crucial) foundation for lifelong (permanent, lasting/constant learning and development. The quality of parenting and stimulation in infancy plays an important role in enhancing child development and school readiness by proving valuable education and social experiences. However, very little attention is given to ensuring high quality childcare and only a few formal interventions in Uganda focus on the development of children 0-3years, for example, through exercises and play.
Why Early Childhood Education Is Important
- Basic (simple, plain, undeveloped, uncomplicated) skills
- Social(shared, collective, public ,community) and emotional skills
- Partnership is formed between the Child, their Parents and the Teachers
- General development of the Child’s social, emotional(demonstrative, open) mental(intellectual, spiritual, emotional) and physical(bodily, fleshly) needs
- Building a solid and broad foundation for lifelong/constant learning and wellbeing
- A possibility to nurture caring, capable and responsible future citizens.
But it’s a common misperception that early childhood education is only about learning basic skills. It’s so much more than that because it’s the time when the children learn critical social and emotional skills and a partnership is formed between the child, their parents and the Teacher. When this is done successfully, it lays the groundwork for it to continue throughout the child’s education.
Early childhood care and education (ECCE) is more than preparation for primary school.it aims at the general development of a child’s social, emotional, mental and physical needs in order to build a solid and broad foundation for lifelong learning and wellbeing. ECCE has the possibility to nurture caring, capable and responsible future citizens.
Specific Outcomes does Early Childhood care Education have on a Child’s Future?
- Educators get to know their student’s specific interest at early time
- Students build trust
- Comfort ability of students for constant learning
- Quick and successful learning
- Parental involvement as a big component for this relationship.
- Teachers closely work with the families
- Positive Child’s life
- Social emotional growth
- Learning and growth of children
- Developing leadership skills(for educators)
- Becoming a reflective(thoughtful) practitioner(expert, doctor) for educators
The Early childhood Educators really get to know their students and each of their specific interests, when teachers do that, that relationship an really influence the students day to day and build trust and studies have shown that when children are comfortable and trust the people around them, they learn more quickly and successfully.
Parental involvement is also a big component of this relationship – building progress and it’s important for teachers at this level to work closely with the families. When the partnership between teachers and the family is successful, we see that resounding positively throughout the child’s life.